The strange Pentel Technica PD1055



This is truly an oddball pencil. And the fact that it's a side knock makes it even better. The Pentel Technica PD1055 is a boxy side knock mechanical pencil that I actually know little about.  I've heard that it's a metal version of the Pentel Technica but I have not been able to track down a plastic Technica. If this is truly a metal version of an otherwise plastic pencil then this would be similar to the Pentel PD505 which is a metal version of the PD345 (commonly known as the Quicker Clicker).



Although this is a weird, bulky looking pencil, I must say that it is quite fun to own. The thickness of the barrel is a bit too much for my hands but I am happy to have a couple of these in my collection. 




Looking up and down the pencil I have no idea why it was designed this way.  There must be a story behind the quirkiness of the eraser top, the strange use of a screw above the pocket clip, and the overall shape of the barrel.




I can't decide if this pencil reminds me more of Robocop, a space shuttle, or Shamu the killer whale.






0 comments


Contact Me

If you have any questions, or are looking to buy or sell any particular pieces, please contact me using the form below.

Name

Email *

Message *